Device Return Option
What you’ll love
• Choose between lower monthly costs or lower upfront costs with the Device Return Option
• The choice is yours: at the end of the 2-year term, you have the option to return your smartphone in good working condition, upgrade if you wish, or keep it and pay back the Device Return Option deferral amount
• Get the most out of your new smartphone on Canada’s best network1
How it works
You can now pay lower monthly payments for your smartphone when activating Bell SmartPay on an eligible 2-year plan. Or, you can pay less at the time of purchase for your smartphone when activating on a subsidized Premium Plus or Premium Ultra plan on a 2-year term. At the end of the 2-year term, you have the option to return your phone in good working condition, or keep it and pay back the Device Return Option deferral amount.
Pick one of our eligible smartphones.
Activate on an eligible 2-year plan with Bell SmartPay or with a subsidized Premium Plus or Premium Ultra plan.
Return your smartphone at the end of your 2-year term in good working condition, or keep it and pay back the Device Return Option deferral amount you saved (automatically applied to your bill).
At the end of the 2-year term, you can keep your smartphone by paying back the Device Return Option amount you saved. Or, you can return your smartphone in good working condition at a Bell store, where you can also upgrade to one of the latest smartphones.View all devices
When purchased with Bell SmartPay:
At the end of the 2-year term, financed taxes on your Device Return Option deferral amount are due if you keep your phone. Financed taxes on the Bell SmartPay financed amount are payable alongside your monthly device payments for 24 months.
When purchased with a subsidized plan:
Applicable taxes are due upfront based on the value of the smartphone after the initial discount, and the Device Return Option amount is applied.
- The phone must navigate properly to its home screen
- The keyboard and/or touchscreen must be responsive and function properly
- The display and body of the phone must be free of any visible chips, cracks, missing parts, dead pixels or dark spots
- The battery and battery cover must be included
- For an Apple iPhone, the "Find My iPhone Activation Lock" function must be turned off and no longer linked to your Apple ID (iCloud account)
- For an Android smartphone, "Activation Lock Protection" (also known as "Device Protection") must be turned off
- If your smartphone does not meet the criteria, you will need to pay back the Device Return Option deferral amount plus taxes
The phone must be able to turn on and meet the following criteria: