We're sorry, this item is no longer available.
StarTech PEX1S553LP 1 Port Low Profile Native RS232 PCI Express Serial Card with 16550 UART
Compatible with many operating systems, the StarTech PEX1S553LP Serial Card offers a PCI Express chip for reduced CPU load and simple installation. The card is constructed using a native single chip design that lets you harness the full capability offered by PCI Express (PCIe), while reducing the load applied to the CPU by as much as 48% over conventional bridge chip serial cards. In addition, the card is pre-configured for low profile/half-height systems but includes a full profile bracket for versatility.
Serial Card Features
- 1 high speed RS232 serial port with data transfer rate up to 460.8 Kbps
- Selectable power output on pin 9 for the serial port
- Automated out-of-band flow control using CTS/RTS & DSR/DTR
- Automated in-band software flow control using programmable Xon/Xoff in either direction
- 128-byte deep FIFO per transmitter & receiver
- Compatible with WindowsXP and newer, POS Ready 2009, Embedded System 2009, CE 5.0/6.0, 2000, 98SE, 95, DOS, Windows Server® 2012, 2008 R2, 2003, Mac OS® 10.4 and up (Tested up to 10.10) & Linux kernel 2.6.x
- Includes: Standard & low profile/half-height, standard bracket & step-by-step instructions