We're sorry, this item is no longer available.
Garmin Forerunner 245 GPS Music Running Smartwatch & Fitness Tracker - White
From The Manufacturer
You do the running. Forerunner 245 Music does the thinking. This GPS running smartwatch evaluates performance stats such as VO2 max, aerobic and anaerobic training effect and training status, which indicate if you're undertraining or overdoing it. You can also track advanced running dynamics such as ground contact time balance and stride length. Sync your favorite music from select streaming services2, and even store up to 500 songs right on your watch for phone-free listening. Take the guesswork out of training for your next 5K when you team this watch with the Garmin Coach app. Select free training plans that adapt to your goals, or take training into your own hands by creating custom workouts at Garmin Connect, our free online fitness community.
- Sync with music streaming services, such as Spotify, to easily store and play your favorite songs right from your watch
- Evaluates your current training status to indicate if you're undertraining or overdoing it; offers additional performance monitoring features
- Get free adaptive training plans from Garmin Coach, or create your own custom workouts at our Garmin Connect online fitness community
- Provides advanced running dynamics, including ground contact time balance, stride length, vertical ratio and more
- Safety and tracking features make it easy to share your location with chosen contacts
- Customize with free watch faces, apps and more from our Connect IQ store
What is the difference between Smartwatches and Fitness Trackers?
Both smartwatches and fitness trackers can help you track and monitor your day-to-day activities to help you reach your fitness goals.
Generally, a fitness tracker will monitor your daily activities such as tracking your steps, heart rate, distance, calories and sleep. Fitness trackers are usually smaller in profile and give you all the basic features required to get your fitness goals on track.
A Smartwatch will have all the same metrics as a fitness tracker with the ability to link notifications from your smartphone. Some smartwatches will give you access to advanced features such as ECG, GPS, stress monitoring, Spo2, hydration, compass, built-in sport profiles, fitness level monitoring, built-in fitness training, solar charging and more. Connected versions can allow you to receive texts, calls, emails, social media messages, stream music apps and use digital wallets.