We're sorry, this item is no longer available.
Returnal for PS5
Fight to break the cycle with another Selene from a branching timeline. In the Co-op Mode of Returnal™, you can share your entire journey* through the shifting labyrinth of Atropos with another player.**
In Co-op Mode, the hostile nature of Atropos is unwavering, but the possibility of teamwork adds a whole new dimension and means of survival. Instead of scouting alone, try coordinating your onslaught with another player – especially when the odds continue stacking up against you.
Each player controls a different version of Selene, from different cycles. Using the Chronosis device located in each biome, the host player may summon a PSN friend or be matched with another random online player. The progress of the host determines the available item pool for the duration of the multiplayer session. The joining player will help the host progress on Atropos, while not keeping any permanent progress for their own save.
- Fight to survive a hostile, always changing planet in this third-person roguelike shooter.
- Take on ruthless enemies in explosive, bullet hell-fuelled combat.
- Manage equipment and resources carefully – every time you die, you restart from the beginning.
- Take on high stakes exploration to earn new abilities – with every cycle, the world around you transforms.
- Forge a personal connection with the planet, as you piece together Selene’s story.
- Scavenge alien tech for upgrades to enhance your abilities in future cycles.
Tower of Sisyphus:
Next time you wake at the crash site, look up. You should be able to see a gate towards the Tower of Sisyphus, accessible as long as you’ve unlocked the Icarian Grapnel.* In this Tower, prepare for a new kind of challenge. It’s a nearly endless ascending gauntlet with a pure focus on combat, how high you build up your score and progress, exclusive items, Scout logs and as-yet unseen fragments from Selene’s story.
It consists of intense phases of increasing danger, with each made up of twenty floors. Upon entry, eliminate all the enemies on each floor and secure your passage to the next one up. Be ready for anything. With threats old and new waiting as you ascend the Tower, you could find yourself encountering echoes of things you’ve seen before, or something entirely new. Other new surprises also await, only available to you in the Tower of Sisyphus.
How to access Co-op Mode and the Tower of Sisyphus in Returnal:
- 1) Returnal must be installed on each PS5™ console to play Co-op Mode.
- 2) Ensure you are connected to PlayStation™Network and have the most recent Returnal patch installed (version 3.0 or later).
- 3) Access Co-op Mode in Returnal through any of the following:
- - Use the Chronosis device (located in each biome) to summon a friend from your friends list to play
- - Receive an invite from a friend
- - Or use the same device to join the online session of another player
- 4) Access the Tower of Sisyphus using the Icarian Grapnel from the crash site.
* The Tower of Sisyphus, House sequences and Challenge Mode are not available in Co-op Mode.
** Internet and PlayStation®Plus required to download/play Co-op Mode. PlayStation Plus is a paid-for ongoing subscription with a recurring fee charged automatically at the frequency chosen by the consumer at purchase until cancelled.
©2021-2022 Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. Developed by Housemarque Oy. Returnal is a registered trademark or trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC.
- Sony Interactive Entertainment
- Physical Disc
- Product Type:
- Standard Game
- ESRB Rating:
- ESRB Content Descriptors:
- Blood, Mild Language, Violence