Asus RT-AC68U AC1900 Dual Band Wi-Fi Router
In Stock Online
- Dual-band with the latest 802.11ac 3x3 technology for combined speeds of up to 1900 Mbps
- Dual-core CPU enables smart multitasking by dedicating separate lanes for Wi-Fi and USB data
- Effortless router setup with the ASUSWRT web-based interface
- Monitor and manage your network with ease from your mobile device using the intuitive ASUS Router App
- AiProtection Powered by Trend Micro™ provides multi-stage protection from vulnerability detection to protecting sensitive data
- AiMesh Supported - Connect to other compatible ASUS routers to create a powerful and flexible whole-home Wi-Fi network
You May Also Like
RT-AC68U supports combined dual-band data rates of up to 1900Mbps. 1300 Mbps 802.11ac at 5 GHz gives Gigabit wireless data rates, while Broadcom® TurboQAM™ technology super-charges 2.4 GHz 802.11n performance from 450 Mbps to 600 Mbps with compatible devices. Powered by a dual-core processor, the RT-AC68U eliminates the performance drops that plague other routers with busy networks. So even on the busiest home networks, HD video streaming is always smooth, the latency low for online gaming and VoIP calls, and file downloads are never interrupted.
The RT-AC68U also features dual USB ports for file, printers and 3G/4G modems sharing and a USB 3.0 port for up to ten times faster data transfers than USB 2.0. ExclusiveASUS AiCloud transforms your home networking into your personal cloud for easy streaming and sharing to smartphones, PCs, and tablets. Router-to-Router sync also makes it simple to sync files on USB-connected storage with other compatible ASUS routers for hassle-free sharing of large files with family and friends.
The easy-to-use ASUSWRT graphical user interface unlocks the power of the RT-AC68U giving robust control to optimize your network for you. 30-second set-up and easy traffic management means even network newbies can enjoy its sophisticated features, while power users will love its IPv6 support, multiple wireless SSIDs and encrypted VPN access.
What is a router?There are two devices that tend to confuse people when it comes to the networking industry–the modem and the router. The modem connects your home to your Internet Services Provider, such as Bell Fibe Internet, while the router distributes the signals to different areas in your home. The modern modem generally includes a wireless router. However, its range might not be wide enough for your home. In this case, you might wish to add a router to your network.
What Wi-Fi router should you buy?Consider the key points here that will help you choose the router that works best for your needs:
- The size of your home/coverage area, mesh Wi-Fi could be an option if you have a larger home.
- The material or thickness of your walls, as you may require a more powerful router to achieve the desired signal strength.
- The number of devices you wish to connect in your home; you might want to look into tri-band routers if you have many smart devices in your home.
- 2.4GHz is good for regular web surfing and social media apps but other household appliances such as your microwave or TV will interfere with it.
- 5.0GHz is optimized for video streaming and online gaming, but it has shorter range than the 2.4GHz bandwidth.
- LAN ports and USB ports may be preferred as they allow you to connect demanding wired devices such as desktop PCs, gaming consoles, network-attached storage (NAS) drives, and home-automation hubs.
- Wireless Standard:
- Wireless Speed:
- LAN Ports:
- Frequency Bands:
- 2.4GHz & 5GHz
- Antennas (External):
- Interface Slot Type:
- Speed (2.4GHz) (Mbps):
- Speed (5GHz) (Mbps):
- Wi-Fi Protected Set-up:
- Height (mm):
- Width (mm):
- Depth (mm):