Returning online orders
The Source makes returning online orders easy and convenient with 550+ stores across Canada. Simply visit your nearest The Source store with your receipt/invoice, or follow the instructions below to return your product by mail.
Return to your local store
Chances are we're just around the corner, so stop in for easy returns and exchanges.
What you need to return your purchase in-store:
1. Original purchase receipt/invoice; receipts for online orders are e-mailed to you upon shipping, print the receipt to bring with you
2. Original payment method; refunds will be returned using the original method of payment
3. Original packaging and contents in saleable condition; this includes accessories or gifts given with the original purchase
4. Personal identification; your name, address, phone number and signature will be required along with valid government photo I.D. for confirmation
Returns by mail
For your convenience you can also make online returns by mail. Contact our Customer Service Department to be provided with your RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number. Once you have your RMA number, send your purchase back to us at:
RMA # ________________
Attention: E-COMMERCE RETURNS
279 Bayview Drive
Return period by product type
For all online purchases, return periods for certain products may vary. Please see below for details:
Type Of Product
- Any copyright materials including books and magazines
- Downloadable software
- Gift Cards, prepaid air time, pre-loaded cards and vouchers
- Services including delivery charges and installations
- Earbud-style headphones cannot be returned once opened for hygienic reasons
- SIM cards that have been opened or activated
- Consumable items such as ink cartridges, toner, recordable media and batteries once opened
- Non-defective software and gaming consoles
- Non-defective media converting products, and blank recording media
within 30 days
- Defective gaming software (exchanged title for same title only)
- Defective gaming consoles (exchanged for same console only)
- Defective consumables; batteries, ink and toner cartridges
- Defective media converting products
- Defective blank recording media
We do not accept returns or offer refunds on opened or non-defective software or gaming consoles.
Within 15 days
- Mobile phones/smartphones (less than 30 minutes of voice usage or less than 50MB of data usage)
- Connected tablets, turbo sticks or wireless modems (less than 50MB of data usage)
If you are a person with a disability, your mobile device may be returned in saleable condition with the original packaging, manuals and accessories within 30 calendar days of the start date and double the corresponding permitted usage set out above.
Within 30 days
(Only if unopened)
- 3D glasses and accessories
- Beauty, grooming and personal/intimate products
- Blank media (digital memory, hard drives, flash drives)
- Cleaning supplies and chemicals
- Computer components and upgrades
- Drones and R/C flight vehicles
- 3D printers and consumables
- Fashion and apparel
- Fitness accessories and equipment
- Earbud-style headphones
- Musical instruments and consumables
- Software and entertainment media
- Office supplies
- Pet supplies
- Major appliances and home furnishings
- Electronic riding toys including: skateboards, scooters, balance boards
- Apple and Beats product as outlined below*
*Apple, Beats products
No refund or exchange allowed on open product, with the exception of Apple accessories such as cases or adapters (which fall under the standard 30-day return or exchange policy). From time of purchase, warranty and service of your new Apple or Beats product will be handled solely by Apple Inc.
Within 30 days
Items not listed in other categories or subject to any other limitations shown here.
Special return periods
Purchase made between Nov 10, 2016 and Jan 1, 2017 are eligible for extended returns until Jan. 31, 2017. This extension does not apply to purchases of smartphones, connected devices, Apple, Beats or Fitbit products.
No returns or price adjustments will be allowed during major holiday promotions including Black Friday (Nov. 24-27, 2016) and Boxing Week (Dec. 26-27, 2016).