HOW IT WORKS
You can now pay even less at the time of purchase for your smartphone when activating on a Premium Smartphone Plus or Premium Smartphone Ultra Plus plan with a 2-year term. At the end of the 2-year term, you have the option to return your smartphone, or keep it and pay back the Pay Less Upfront deferred amount.
Pick one of our eligible smartphones.
Activate on a Premium Smartphone Plus plan or a Premium Smartphone Ultra Plus plan with a 2-year term and get a Pay Less Upfront deferred amount off your smartphone.
Return your smartphone at the end of your 2-year term, or keep it and pay back the Pay Less Upfront deferred amount (automatically applied to your bill).
Bell will not accept device returns during the first 12 months of the agreement. If you wish to upgrade in the first 12 months you can repay the deferred amount and your device balance. After 12 months you can return your device and the deferral amount will be waived but any outstanding device balance must be paid. The device must be returned in month 24 on or before the date shown on your agreement.
The purpose of this program is to reduce the upfront price of higher-end smartphones. For this reason, not all smartphones are eligible for the Pay Less Upfront program.
Yes, applicable taxes are charged upfront based on the value of the smartphone after the initial discount, but before the Pay Less Upfront deferred amount is applied.
The phone must power on and off and meet the following criteria:
- The phone must navigate properly to its home screen.
- The keyboard and/or touchscreen must be responsive and function properly.
- The display and body of the phone must be free of any visible chips, cracks, missing parts, dead pixels or dark spots.
- The battery and battery cover must be included.
- For an Apple iPhone, the “Find My iPhone Activation Lock” function must be turned off and no longer linked to your Apple ID (iCloud account).
- For an Android™ smartphone, “Activation Lock Protection” (also known as “Device Protection”) must be turned off.
At the end of the 2-year term, you can pay back the deferred amount to keep your smartphone, or return your smartphone in good working condition in-store at The Source, where you can also upgrade to a new one.