Super Mario Odyssey for Nintendo Switch
Join Mario on a massive, globe-trotting 3D adventure and use his incredible new abilities to collect Moons so you can power up your airship, the Odyssey, and rescue Princess Peach from Bowser's wedding plans! This sandbox-style 3D Mario adventure—the first since 1996's beloved Super Mario 64 and 2002's Nintendo GameCube classic Super Mario Sunshine—is packed with secrets and surprises, and with Mario's new moves like cap throw, cap jump, and capture, you'll have fun and exciting gameplay experiences unlike anything you've enjoyed in a Mario game before. Get ready to be whisked away to strange and amazing places far from the Mushroom Kingdom!
- Put a cap on it! Thanks to Cappy, Mario now can control certain objects, enemies, and more. With just a flick of the wrist, you can toss the hat-shaped hero at them to take over—check it out!
- Familiar Favorites: Besides the cool new Cappy abilities, Mario also has his classic medley of moves, like jump, wall jump, triple jump, ground pound, and backwards somersault
- The Odyssey: Hop aboard this amazing airship and leave the Mushroom Kingdom behind as you explore exciting destinations like nothing you’ve ever seen in a Mario game before.
- The Kingdoms: From the sandy dunes of the Sand Kingdom to skyscraper-packed New Donk City, you can explore astonishing new locales to your heart’s content, and run into familiar friends—and foes—along the way.
- Take down baddies with a buddy! Feel like playing with a friend? Pass them a Joy-Con™ controller and team-up in co-op mode! Player 1 controls Mario while Player 2 controls Cappy.
- Assist Mode: If you’re a younger player—or just like to take things at a slower pace—you might want to try Assist Mode. Start with more health and follow helpful arrows to show you the way!
- Maximum Number of Players (Offline):
- Nintendo Switch™
- Physical Disc
- Product Type:
- Standard Game
- ESRB Rating:
- Everyone 10+
- ESRB Content Descriptors:
- Cartoon Violence, Comic Mischief