We're sorry, this item is no longer available.
ASUS RT-AX86U AX5700 Dual Band Wi-Fi Router
Enjoy the fastest, smoothest Wi-Fi gaming connections ever with the ASUS RT-AX86U dual-band Wi-Fi 6 router. It delivers ultrafast Wi-Fi speeds up to 5700 Mbps*, and is packed with advanced technology, including Mobile Game Mode for a lag-free, low-latency mobile gaming experience. RT-AX86U brings you all the benefits of Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), and works perfectly with all your existing Wi-Fi devices! Minimize lag and latency for mobile gaming with just a tap on the ASUS Router app. GeForce NOW is NVIDIA's cloud-based gaming service that delivers real-time GeForce-powered gameplay straight from the cloud to all your devices. With GeForce NOW, you can connect to your store accounts and stream your library of games, or play your favorite free-to-play games available on the service. GeForce NOW recommended routers ensure up to 90% of Wi-Fi bandwidth is dedicated to gaming and undergo rigorous testing to deliver the best possible experience and lowest latency for cloud gaming. RT-AX86U is designed to break down all the barriers that can slow down your gaming. It supports up to a 2 Gbps internet connection, so you can unlock the full potential of high-speed networking for both wired and Wi-Fi connections. Does your router leave you with Wi-Fi dead spots? RT-AX86U supports ASUS AiMesh, a unique mesh-networking technology that creates a whole-home network using multiple ASUS routers. With easy central control and seamless roaming, even non-experts can set it up with any AiMesh-capable routers you own. Say goodbye to Wi-Fi dead zones!
- New-generation Wi-Fi 6 - Enjoy ultrafast speeds up to 5700 Mbps with the latest Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) and 160MHz channels
- Mobile Game Mode - Minimize lag and latency for mobile gaming with just a tap on the ASUS Router app
- True 2 Gbps wired and wireless speeds - Aggregated 2 Gbps WAN connections, wired 2.5 Gbps port and Wi-Fi 6
- ASUS AiMesh support - Create a flexible, seamless whole-home mesh network with AiMesh-compatible routers
- Lifetime free ASUS AiProtection Pro, powered by Trend Micro™, with WPA3 and advanced Parental Controls to protect your home
What is a router?There are two devices that tend to confuse people when it comes to the networking industry–the modem and the router. The modem connects your home to your Internet Services Provider, such as Bell Fibe Internet, while the router distributes the signals to different areas in your home. The modern modem generally includes a wireless router. However, its range might not be wide enough for your home. In this case, you might wish to add a router to your network.
What Wi-Fi router should you buy?Consider the key points here that will help you choose the router that works best for your needs:
- The size of your home/coverage area, mesh Wi-Fi could be an option if you have a larger home.
- The material or thickness of your walls, as you may require a more powerful router to achieve the desired signal strength.
- The number of devices you wish to connect in your home; you might want to look into tri-band routers if you have many smart devices in your home.
- 2.4GHz is good for regular web surfing and social media apps but other household appliances such as your microwave or TV will interfere with it.
- 5.0GHz is optimized for video streaming and online gaming, but it has shorter range than the 2.4GHz bandwidth.
- LAN ports and USB ports may be preferred as they allow you to connect demanding wired devices such as desktop PCs, gaming consoles, network-attached storage (NAS) drives, and home-automation hubs.
- Wireless Standard:
- Wireless Speed:
- LAN Ports:
- Frequency Bands:
- 2.4GHz & 5GHz
- Antennas (Internal):
- Antennas (External):
- Interface Slot Type:
- Speed (Wired) (Mbps):
- Speed (2.4GHz) (Mbps):
- Speed (5GHz) (Mbps):
- Wi-Fi Protected Set-up:
- USB Ports: