Linksys Velop Intelligent Mesh Wi-Fi System AC2600 - White - 2 Pack (WHW0102-CA)
In Stock Online
You May Also Like
Easy to set up and designed to fit anywhere, the Linksys Velop Intelligent Mesh Wi-Fi System AC2600 brings ultra-fast, full-strength mesh Wi-Fi to your home in minutes. Featuring Intelligent Mesh™ technology and a sleek, modular design, the Velop mesh Wi-Fi system spreads strong Wi-Fi through any kind of home. Each Velop node features a beautiful, compact design that coordinates with any home style and decor. Multiple nodes work together as a system, so as your Wi-Fi needs expand, simply add more nodes and interchange colors to coordinate with your home style. Velop nodes come equipped with Dual-Band technology, giving you exceptionally fast Wi-Fi even when multiple Wi-Fi devices are connected.
- LAN Ports: 2
- Frequency Bands: 2, 2.4GHz / 5GHz
- Antennas: 3, Internal
- Speed: 400Mbps (2.4GHz), 867Mbps (5GHz) with MU-MIMO and 256 QAM
Requires cable or DSL modem subscription with an Internet Service Provider (ISP)
What is a router?There are two devices that tend to confuse people when it comes to the networking industry–the modem and the router. The modem connects your home to your Internet Services Provider, such as Bell Fibe Internet, while the router distributes the signals to different areas in your home. The modern modem generally includes a wireless router. However, its range might not be wide enough for your home. In this case, you might wish to add a router to your network.
What Wi-Fi router should you buy?Consider the key points here that will help you choose the router that works best for your needs:
- The size of your home/coverage area, mesh Wi-Fi could be an option if you have a larger home.
- The material or thickness of your walls, as you may require a more powerful router to achieve the desired signal strength.
- The number of devices you wish to connect in your home; you might want to look into tri-band routers if you have many smart devices in your home.
- 2.4GHz is good for regular web surfing and social media apps but other household appliances such as your microwave or TV will interfere with it.
- 5.0GHz is optimized for video streaming and online gaming, but it has shorter range than the 2.4GHz bandwidth.
- LAN ports and USB ports may be preferred as they allow you to connect demanding wired devices such as desktop PCs, gaming consoles, network-attached storage (NAS) drives, and home-automation hubs.