Amazon eero Pro KDL-M010202 Dual-band Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi 6 System - White - 1 eero Pro & 1 eero Beacon
From The Manufacturer
The gateway of an eero system, eero (2nd generation) has two auto-detecting Ethernet ports that allow you to connect to your modem and any other device - like an Ethernet switch, printer, or another eero. With the addition of a second 5Ghz radio, eero has tri-band power, which lets you do more, simultaneously, in every room of your home. eeros can either be the gateway or add 160 m² (1,750 sq. ft.) of coverage to any eero system. eero is Wi-Fi you never have to think about again.
Compact and powerful, eero Beacon is half the size of eero but comes with the same advanced Wi-Fi technology. Simply plug it into a wall outlet to add 140 m² (1,500 sq. ft.) of coverage. You can also add as many eero Beacons as you want. If there’s an outlet, there's Wi-Fi. eero Beacon is also equipped with an LED nightlight. With an ambient light sensor and automatic dimmer, it intelligently adjusts brightness depending on the time of day. You can also choose to set your own brightness schedule using the eero app.
- Whole-home Wi-Fi system - Amazon eero Pro mesh Wi-Fi system (1 eero Pro + 1 eero Beacon) replaces the traditional Wi-Fi router, Wi-Fi extender, and internet booster by covering a 1-2 bedroom home with fast and reliable internet powered by a mesh network.
- eero 2nd generation - With the most intelligent mesh Wi-Fi technology and powerful hardware, the eero 2nd generation Wi-Fi system is 2x as fast as the original eero Wi-Fi. Backwards compatible with 1st generation eero products.
- Wi-Fi extender - Amazon eero Beacon is a full-fledged Wi-Fi access point that simply plugs in to standard outlets and easily extends your Wi-Fi connectivity to every device with more reliability than the standard Wi-Fi booster.
- Mesh network - Powered by proprietary TrueMesh technology, the eero mesh Wi-Fi network leverages multiple wireless access points to create an incredibly dependable internet experience, all on a single mesh Wi-Fi system.
- Quick & easy setup - Replacing your old Wi-Fi router has never been easier than with Amazon eero Pro mesh Wi-Fi system. Setup takes minutes and the companion mobile app makes managing your home Wi-Fi simple and intuitive.
- Dimensions: eero: 4.76in (121mm) x 4.76in (121mm) x 1.26in (32mm) | eero Beacon: 4.76in (121mm) x 2.91in (74mm) x 1.18in (30mm)
- Wi-Fi connectivity: eero: Tri-band Wi-Fi radios, simultaneous 2.4GHz, 5.2GHz, and 5.8GHz wireless 2x2 MU-MIMO, beamforming, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac | eero Beacon: Dual-band Wi-Fi radios, simultaneous 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless 2x2 MU-MIMO, beamforming, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Wired connectivity: eero: Dual auto-sensing Gigabit ports for WAN and/or LAN connectivity | eero Beacon: None
- Smart home connectivity: Thread 1.1 Border Router, Bluetooth® LE 4.2
- Nightlight: eero: None | eero Beacon: 10 Lumen LED nightlight, with automated dimming
- Electrical requirements: 100-240V AC, 50-60 Hz
- Required for setup: Supported iOS or Android™ device, Internet service (with cable or DSL modem, if required).
- Processor, memory and storage: 700 MHz quad-core processor, 512MB RAM, 4GB flash storage.
Requires cable or DSL modem subscription with an Internet Service Provider (ISP)
What is a Mesh Wi-Fi system?
- A mesh Wi-Fi system usually consists of a router and several satellite nodes (modules) to create an all-in-one single Wi-Fi network and work collaborate to distribute signals in a smart way. A mesh Wi-Fi system eliminates dead spots in the house and promotes seamless roaming.
Mesh Wi-Fi VS router
- Wi-Fi signals from a traditional router could be weakened by physical obstructions, such as floors, walls, doors, or simply the distance is too far between your router and your kitchen.
- The whole home mesh Wi-Fi system allows you to customize the Wi-Fi road map, so you can place the satellite modes anywhere in your home to achieve optimal Wi-Fi coverage.
Mesh Wi-Fi VS Wi-Fi range extenders
- Range Extender increases the range of your router by sacrificing the Wi-Fi signal performance. It creates a separate network from your router so you will have to switch between networks manually to get better performance.
- In a whole home mesh Wi-Fi system, the main router connects to your modem and each satellite nodes finds the best channel to connect to their peers, creating a reliable network throughout your home.