We're sorry, this item is no longer available.
StarTech PEX2S553LP 2 Port Low Profile Native RS232 PCI Express Serial Card with 16550 UART
The versatile StarTech PEX2S553LP 2 Port Serial Card transforms a PCI Express slot into two RS232 (DB9) serial connections for reduce load on the CPU. The card is constructed using a native single chip design that lets you harness the full capability offered by PCI Express (PCIe), while reducing the load applied to the CPU by as much as 48% over conventional bridge chip serial cards. The card comes installed with low profile/half-height bracket but also includes an optional full profile bracket to let you add 2 serial ports to virtually any computer, regardless of the case form factor.
Serial Card Features
- One high speed RS232 serial port with data transfer rate up to 460.8 Kbps
- Installed half-height/low profile mounting bracket, includes optional standard profile bracket
- Selectable power output on pin 9 for the serial port
- Compliant with PCI Express base specifications revision 1.1a
- Automated out-of-band flow control using CTS/RTS & DSR/DTR
- 128-byte deep FIFO per transmitter & receiver
- Automated in-band software flow control using programmable Xon/Xoff in either direction