Rules and Regulations
From Jan. 1, 2015 , at 12:00AM (Eastern Time) to Dec. 31, 2015 at 11:59 PM (Eastern Time).
The sponsor of this contest is The Source™ (the “Contest Sponsor”).
This Contest is open to residents of Canada over the age of majority in their respective province, with the exception of the following: employees, representatives or agents of any of the Contest Sponsors, as well as their family members, and/or any person with whom they are domiciled; employees, representatives or agents of affiliated companies of the Contest Sponsors, their advertising and promotional agencies, and the independent Contest organization, as well as the family members and/or any persons with whom any of the foregoing are domiciled. In these rules and regulations, family members shall include husband or wife, parents, siblings, children, daughters/sons-in-laws as well as the parents, siblings and children of the employee’s husband or wife.
No purchase required. Should you access TheSource.ca web site to participate in this Contest, by submitting the registration form and acknowledging receipt of the confirmation e-mail you will opt-in to receive email, the e-newsletter and/or other communications from TheSource.ca. You may choose to opt-out of the receipt of the e-newsletter and other communications by following the directions in the e-mail. Your opt-out status will not affect your participation or chances to win. During the Contest Period, you may receive emails from TheSource.ca.
Two (2) prize winners will be selected each month at random from among all eligible participants. One prize will be awarded to someone who has submitted a product review for items advertised on thesource.ca web site. A second prize will be awarded to someone who has answered a customer’s question posted on thesource.ca web site. All participants must enter contact information in full, including full name, address including postal code, e-mail address. There are twelve (12) draws in total; two for each month, January through December.
If the selected entrant cannot be reached within 48 hours of the draw, if the selected entrant does not correctly answer the skill-testing question, or if the selected entrant fails to meet any other contest condition, his/her entry will be voided and another selected entrant will be chosen from the remaining valid entries. In order to be awarded a prize, the selected entrant must correctly answer, without mechanical or other assistance, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question, to be administered by telephone or mail. The winner will be advised by e-mail. The odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
The monthly prize draw (the “Draw”) will take place at The Source Store Support Centre located at 279 Bayview Drive, in Barrie, ON, on the third business day after the last day of each month, at 10AM (“Eastern Time”). The prizes must be accepted as awarded, is not transferable or convertible to cash. The Source and TheSource.ca reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event of the unavailability of the advertised prize(s).
The total value of the monthly prizes is $500 (2 x $250). Two entrants will each win a $250 prize in the form of The Source Gift Card. Twelve (12) prizes in total will be awarded–two for each month during the Contest Period.
1. No purchase necessary. To be considered eligible for this Contest, you must review a product from thesource.ca web site between January 1, 2015 and December 31, 2015. Copies of these rules and regulations will be posted online. By participating, entrants agree to abide by these official contest rules and to accept the decisions of the Contest Sponsors as final.
2. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
3. For purposes of these rules, an entrant is the person whose valid name, e-mail and telephone number appears on the entry submitted into this contest. It is to this individual that the prize will be awarded if selected and declared as the winner. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed the entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must provide a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this contest will be the contest server(s).
4. The prize must be accepted as awarded. The Source and TheSource.ca reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event of the unavailability of the advertised prize.
5. If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing, or any other aspect of the contest, there are more potential winners of prizes selected than contemplated in these rules, there will be a random draw amongst all such eligible prize claimants after the contest closing date to award the correct number of prizes.
6. Entrants agree the Contest Sponsors shall not be liable or responsible for any failure of the web site during this promotion nor for any problems or technical malfunctions with respect to telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software or any failure thereof or Internet traffic congestion, or any combination thereof including or damage to an entrant’s or third party’s computer.
7. The Contest Sponsors are not responsible for print or typographical errors in any contest-related materials; for lost, stolen, misdirected, incomplete, illegible entries; or for transactions that are posted late or incorrectly or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or by failure of an entrant to provide complete, accurate and/or up-to-date personal contact information to the Contest Sponsors.
8. The Contest Sponsors have the right to terminate or alter the rules of the contest at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever.
9. The Source reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the contest should a virus or any other factor beyond the Contest Sponsor’s control corrupt the security or administration of the contest, or the odds of winning.
10. Quebec residents: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity Contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping parties reach a settlement.
11. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Sponsors, with the consent of the Régie in Quebec, reserves the right to withdraw, amend, modify or terminate this contest, at any time by posting a notice online at TheSource.ca. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to modify the rules of this contest at any time without materially affecting the terms and conditions of this contest. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
12. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or interfere with the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages and/or other relief from all responsible persons to the fullest extent permitted by law.
13. Each entrant, should he/she be declared a winner, agrees to the use of his/her name, voice, photograph and area of residence in any publicity carried out by the Contest Sponsors, without notice, payment, compensation or retribution.
15. Contest Sponsors may, in its sole discretion, elect to use, in whole or in part, any review, text, rating or photo entered into this Contest for its own future advertising and/or promotional activities, without notice or compensation; and that the person submitting same has no further copyright or similar claim.
16. To receive his/her prize the winner must sign a Declaration of Compliance with the contest rules and a Release of Liability form releasing the Contest Sponsors and their parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, among other relevant parties, from any liability whatsoever including, without limitation, liability for personal injury or property damage, in connection with their prize and the contest. All Declaration and Release Forms must be completed and returned within 14 days of their receipt or the prize may be forfeited.