Rules and Regulations
The sponsor of this contest is The Source (Bell) Electronics Inc. (“Contest Sponsor”).
This contest is open to residents of Canada over the age of majority in their respective province or territory of residence, with the exception of employees, representatives or agents of the Contest Sponsor, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, their respective advertising or promotional agencies as well as family members, and/or any person with whom any of the foregoing reside.
No purchase is necessary to enter or to win. To enter the contest, enter your full name and address along with postal code, on the computer ballot provided by a sales associate or by completing an in-store paper ballot, at the Grand Opening location, during the Contest Period (as indicated in-store). Limit one entry per person. Ballots must be submitted in-store; on computer ballots or paper ballots; ballots will not be accepted by facsimile or any other method.
One (1) grand prize winner will be selected at random from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. See in store ballots for dates.
If a selected entrant cannot be reached within 72 hours of the random draw, declines the prize, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, or if a selected entrant fails to meet any of the contest conditions, his/her entry will be voided and another selected entrant will be randomly chosen from the remaining valid entries. In order to be awarded a prize, each selected entrant must correctly answer, without mechanical or other assistance, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone, e-mail or mail at a mutually convenient time. Selected entrants will be contacted by the Contest Sponsor by telephone or e-mail. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable, exchangeable, or convertible to cash except in the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor. If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing, or any other aspect of the contest, there are more potential winners of prizes than contemplated in these rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible prize claimants after the contest closing date to award the correct number of prizes.
One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded: TV Bundle which consists of a Toshiba 58L1350UC 58” LED TV, Toshiba SBX4250 soundbar, Toshiba BDX5300 Blu-ray Player and one Nexxtech HDMI Cable with an approximate retail value of $1700.00 (CDN).
1. For purposes of these rules, an entrant is the person whose valid name, address and telephone number appears on the entry submitted into this contest. It is to this individual that the prize will be awarded if selected and declared as the winner. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed the entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this contest will be the contest server(s).
2. By participating, entrants agree to abide by these official contest rules and to accept the decisions of the Contest Sponsor as final. Contest judges’ rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to the promotion and the awarding of prizes.
3. Winners will be contacted by e-mail and will be advised on how/when to pick-up their prize from The Source store location nearest their residence. Allow 4-6 weeks for processing and delivery of the prize to the store for pick-up.
4. Prizes are subject to availability and may not be auctioned or otherwise sold. No substitutions or extensions permitted. No cash value.
At the Contest Sponsor’s election, and in the event a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded as described in these rules and regulations, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equivalent or greater retail value at any time should the prize or any component thereof become unavailable due to any reason.
5. Entrants agree the Contest Sponsor shall not be liable or responsible for any failure of the web site during this promotion nor for any problems or technical malfunctions with respect to telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software or any failure thereof or Internet traffic congestion, or any combination thereof including or damage to an entrant’s or third party’s computer.
6. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for print or typographical errors in any contest-related materials; for lost, stolen, misdirected, incomplete, illegible entries; or for transactions that are posted late or incorrectly or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or by failure of an entrant to provide complete, accurate and/or up-to-date personal contact information to the Contest Sponsor.
7. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Sponsor, reserves the right to withdraw, amend, modify or terminate this contest, at any time by posting a notice online at thesource.ca. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to modify the rules of this contest at any time without materially affecting the terms and conditions of this contest. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or interfere with the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and/or other relief from all responsible persons to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8. Quebec residents: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping parties reach a settlement.
9. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion and with the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux in Quebec (“Régie”), to cancel or suspend the contest should a virus or any other factor beyond the Contest Sponsor’s control corrupt the security or administration of the contest, or the odds of winning.
10. Each entrant, should he/she be declared a winner, agrees to the use of his/her name, voice, photograph and area of residence in any publicity carried out by the Contest Sponsor, without notice, payment, compensation or retribution.
11. By entering or attempting to enter the contest, each entrant and/or purported entrant agrees: (i) to release, discharge, and forever hold harmless the Contest Sponsor, and its respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, agents and other representatives from any and all claims, actions, damages, demands, manner of actions, causes of action, suits, debts, duties, accounts, bonds, covenants, warranties, indemnities, claims over, contracts and liabilities of whatever nature or kind arising out of, or in connection with the entrant’s participation or attempted participation in the contest, compliance or non-compliance with these contest rules and acceptance and use of the prize including, without limitation, any loss, personal injury, death, property damage, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy; and (ii) if selected as a potential winner, to sign the Contest Sponsor’s form(s) of Declaration and Release documentation in this regard before receiving his/her prize.
13. To receive his/her prize, each winner must sign a Declaration of Compliance with the contest rules and a Release of Liability form releasing the Contest Sponsor and its parent, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, among other relevant parties, from any liability whatsoever including, without limitation, liability for personal injury or property damage, in connection with their prize and the contest. If all Declaration and Release Forms are not completed and returned to the Contest Sponsor within 14 days of their delivery to selected entrant or if such documents are returned as undeliverable the prize may be forfeited.